Thursday, April 2, 2015

crunchy chocolate peanut butter chip cookies


In retrospect, I should have patented chocolate and peanut butter when I discovered it in '08. Now look how its blown up. I don't know if you've heard about it but now there's this little company called Reese's that makes chocolate and peanut butter candies. Actually Reese's and I go a long ways back. He and I used to be roommates until he stole my recipe and wouldn't give me credit. I had to kick him out of the dorm. Well actually I left. Technically he kicked me out for what he dubs "inappropriate" and "salacious" behavior. Whatever that means right. I actually know what it means. His lawyer made me look up "salacious" in the dictionary when I was taken to court. It means vulgar or explicit. What was I talking about...oh yeah chocolate and peanut butter. One of the best combinations in the world. 


Similar in texture and appearance to your traditional peanut butter cookie, this upgraded crunchy chocolate peanut butter chip cookie has crunchy salty pretzels and creamy peanut butter morsels laced throughout. The bitter notes from the cocoa and the salty sweet combination from the pretzels and the peanut butter make this the perfect cookie flavor. I guarantee this is way better than the boring peanut butter cookies you've had in the past. Not to mention, these are super easy to make and you can make a lot of them for parties and potlucks. I'd like to see Reese get a hold of this one. What type of peanut butter morsels am I using? Reese's...damn you Reese and your delicious confectionary products. 




Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. 


2. Sift together the dry ingredients, which include flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.


3. With a hand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is fluffy and pale. Use a large bowl (or at least a small bowl with tall sides) for this which will prevent the sugar from spilling all over the table and floor. (not like  I would know)


4. Add the eggs one a a time and mix it until they are completely incorporated. Once you do this, switch to a spatula and fold in the dry ingredients. Start with half of the flour so it isn't too difficult to mix. To make sure we don't overmix, add the pretzels and the peanut butter chips while you can still see some flour left. 


5. WIth an ice cream scoop portion out the cookie dough until you can fit no more on your sheet pan. The cookies don't spread out very much so you don't have to worry about packing them. To create that signature peanut butter cookie design, imprint the cookies with the traditional hash marks using the tinges of a fork. Dip the fork into water which will prevent the fork from sticking. Bake in batches for exactly eleven...to twelve minutes, but check them after ten. You know when the cookies are done when the tops are dry and the edges are brown. It's kind of hard to see if the edges are browned, but the cooking times should get you in the ballpark. 



Once you've let them cool, serve at your nephew's birthday party or to the members of your book club. These will pretty much outshine any other dessert at a party or a potluck. In fact, no one's going to even try Margaret's annual disaster she calls sugar cookies when they smell your batch of cookies come onto the scene. All in all this is a solid cookie recipe, and one that everyone should have in their back pockets. I really hope y'all give this a try. Please let me know what you think and comment what you would add or change to make this even awesomer. Please like me on my social media, I post on them every day to keep you entertained. I love you guys. And as always, 

Chow!


Recipe

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 
1/2 cup cocoa powder 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup or 1 stick butter, softened 
1/4 heaping cup peanut butter, heaping just means a little more
1/4 heaping cup peanut butter morsels/chips
1/4 cup crushed pretzels

You Might Like:




No comments:

Post a Comment